Sunday

Generation C

I thought trendwatching.com's account of the new Generation C was pretty interesting.  I have heard bits of this theory in my marketing research class last semester.  The idea of "egonomics" and the need for personalization and room for creative freedom.  The report on Generation C, I thought, was pretty accurate.  Our generation and especially the generation after ours (early 90's kids) tend to seek out products that give them "creative genius" and allow them to be the artist.  However, sometimes I think that maybe the tools needed to be the artist are embedded in the product.  For example, there are so many internal tools in a camera to ensure a perfect shot...so really, the camera is doing a lot of the art.  Further, access to this kind of creativity takes money...and a lot of it.   I recently bought a Canon Rebel XT and that set me back $600.  This reminds me alot of some of the photos I see on facebook that, typically girls, retouch to scrawl messages in wild colors and fonts on about being "gurlfrndz 4 lyfe" or something of that nature. Photoshopping the photo in this manner, I think, is a characteristic of Generation C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home