Sunday







Small Ironing Boards
Small ironing boards look innovative - they make large, formidable ironing boards into smaller, more easily manageable ones. Looks can be deceiving, though. These small, low to the ground ironing boards are hard to operate, require you to kneel to iron, and don't give you any space to let the rest of the piece of clothing dangle from the board itself to prevent wrinkling while you are ironing the rest.   My first experience with one of these things was during my freshman year of college.  The small board was a perfect solution to the relative lack of space in the dorm rooms.  Little did I know, it was a waste of $10.  I should have just put my shirt under my mattress while I slept. Because of the small size, these ironing boards find their ways to dorm rooms and other tight spaces. While they are innovative in a size approach, they are not innovative in a features approach. 

Inefficient
The small ironing board does not allow for efficient ironing. Often, you have to re-iron what has already been ironed. That means more time re-doing what has already been done and wasted time.

Quick Fix
These small ironing boards make sense if you have a small place and no room for a standard board.  Still, its a quick fix that really was not well-planned.  They make wall-mountable ironing boards now for those who are pressed for space, likely as a result of the ineffective and inefficient small boards.  

Cost ineffective
 When I bought my small ironing board, it was about $10.  Now, I see these at the store going for closer to $20. I am not sure the reasoning but they are no longer in the affordable college-kid category.  This was a surprise and a disappointment. 


Therefore, a good product will be efficient, a well-thought out solution and cost effective. 

Try to find a good standard sized ironing board and forgo the small variety so you dont get burned!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home