Sunday

Ethnography

The video posting on how to approach an ethnography was interesting and pretty relevant.  Right now, my fellow Communication Studies cohorts and I are all diligently working on our senior theses.  I chose the qualitative track and conducting an ethnography is one of the possible tracks for study.  I never saw an ethnography as an opportunity to gain insight into a culture to improve upon some dimension of that culture and I think that is really awesome.  Gaining access to an entire culture and using that information to help is very inspiring. 

I am not doing an ethnography but I will share this observation with some of my classmates who are doing an ethnography.  I wonder what they could come up with based on their studies!  Just something to consider...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home