Friday

Wow!: Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap


Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap (shown in Energy above)


It may seem odd, but I really enjoy foaming hand soap in any form.  I have Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap in my apartment- both in the bathroom and the kitchen and it just makes the whole process of washing hands much more pleasing. I like foaming hand soap because of the luxury of having the soap pre-lathered. When you pump regular cream soap (or worse, bar soap) into your hands, you need to have the right ratio of water to soap to get a good lather going. The consistency of cream soap is slimy and thick. Sometimes it just slides right off of your hands when you turn on the water. Foaming hand soap leaves you feeling cleaner and more fresh, not to mention, the scents offered by Bath and Body Works smell excellent!  Foaming soap requires little to no water during the cleansing process. On that note, it is also a great product for kids.  I am an avid babysitter and a proud aunt. Foaming soap is so much easier to use when I am helping the kids wash their hands. I do not need to rub the cream soap in for them, I just pump the soap into their palms and let them squish around and play with it - good, clean fun. 

Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap is also one of my favorite products because the packaging is attractive. Instead of having plain, old Dial soap in my bathroom, I have Energy - Orange and Ginger foaming soap on my sink ledge.  The amber bottle dressed in a burnt orange and apricot label which gives a detailed description of the contents of the bottle, has an old apothecary feel.  The design of the bottle compliments my bathroom decor; deep autumnal shades of burnt orange and gold. 

I can categorize my feelings about foaming hand soap into the following categories to help me better understand why this product and others is attractive to me:

Packaging: Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap is always packaged nicely.  The graphics on some scents are a small piece of art for your bathroom. The aromatherapy line, with it's old apothecary feel, is a nice addition to a bathroom with a slightly more "earthy" feel. The shape of the bottle is tall and thin, taking up less surface space and keeping your sink ledge less cluttered. 

Convenience: The convenience of foaming hand soap is key.  The pre-lathered aspect of the soap takes one step out of the process and thus taking time off of hand washing. You simply press down the pump, swish around, run your hands under the water and you are done. The soap slides off when the water hits it in a nice clean sweep. 

Effectiveness: Foaming hand soap is an effective way to wash your hands. As I mentioned before, it works. The foam clings to your hands, whereas liquid or cream soap so often slides right off of your hands before you are able to get a good lather and clean your hands. Foaming soap seems to clean hands better and faster.

Luxury: I appreciate a product that boast luxurious qualities. Foaming hand soap is luxurious in a number of ways - the texture, the pre-lathered aspect, the scent, the well-designed packaging and the smoothness of the pump when activated. 

Pricing: It is important to mention that while this soap is excellent quality, it is moderately priced.  Bath and Body Works Foaming hand soap runs anywhere from $5.00 to $7.00. Sales and promotions are frequently offered at Bath and Body Works. 

These qualities are applicable when judging many hygiene products. If something is relatively high quality, feels good, looks nice and works well, it will likely sell. 









Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Janet said...

Great information about the Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap... It is really best and safe product!!

September 9, 2009 at 5:22 AM  
Blogger MCMcD said...

Thank you Virginia! I appreciate the feedback :)

Best to you!

September 15, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home